The Gerstin & Associates Community Association Practice Group represents 山西福彩app官方下载owner and condominium Associations throughout South Florida. We limit our practice to representing the “Association”, versus any individual 山西福彩app官方下载owner. Whether your community is self-managed or employs a professional property management company, we pride ourselves in our commitment to prompt, personal service. Our lawyers encourage communication with our community association clients through emails, text, faxes or telephone calls. We understand the need for quick and easy to understand answers to your community association’s legal needs and we pride ourselves on being available to respond quickly to our clients’ needs.
Our Community Association Practice Group does not charge a monthly “service” or “retainer fee”. Working a la carte to save money for our community association clients, our lawyers are versed in all areas affecting community associations. Some of the legal services provided by the Gerstin & Associates Community Association Practice Group to our community association clients are:
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting on the operation of Community Associations.
- Compliance with applicable Federal laws, such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Fair Housing laws, Employment Discrimination Laws, as well as similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
- Interpretation, amendment and enforcement of your community association’s Governing Documents.
- Answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory and practical issues.
- Advising on Hurricane preparation, protection and counsel on recovery and rebuilding efforts.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community.
- Construction Defect Claims
- Pursuit of statutory and other construction warranty claims
- Assisting in planning and developing contracts for construction projects and complying with construction lien laws.
- Collection of delinquent assessments.
- Counseling owners ad-hoc committees in the pre-transition from the developer phase.
- Attendance (upon request) at meetings for the election of directors and critical votes related to the operation of your community association.
- Providing legal counsel for post-transition, unit owner-controlled Association on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going operational controls.
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or arranging sources of financing for recreation lease purchases, capital improvements, etc.
- Negotiation with cable service and new technology providers.
- Review of cable service and new technology provider agreements.
- Exclusive no cost access to our community association legal and statutory updates to keep your community association on top of the ever changing legal and statutory landscape.
Gerstin & Associates
40 SE 5th St., Suite 610
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Telephone: (561) 750-3456
Facsimile: (561) 750-8185
Recent Community Association Articles
- Gov. DeSantis signs bill banning Community Association Restrictions on Law Enforcement Vehicles - It’s the Law. Law enforcement officers in Florida are now allowed to park their work vehicles in any location other vehicles are allowed to park despite provisions in a community’s governing Documents to the contrary. The new law applies to Florida’s 山西福彩app官方下载owner association, condominium associations and timeshares. To read the full text of the law, […]
- Update. Florida Vacation Rental Bill SB1128 Amended to Protect Community Associations - No longer do Florida’s 山西福彩app官方下载owner and condominium associations have to worry they are losing the ability to regulate vacation rentals. The ability of 山西福彩app官方下载owner of condominium associations to limit or restrict vacation rentals such as Airbnb and VRBO is reestablished in a recently filed and approved amendment to SB1128 with the addition of the following provision: […]
- HUD Issues New Notice and Guidelines for Dealing With Service and Support Animals. - An important new notice released on January 28, 山西福彩app官方下载 from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development provides new guidelines for dealing with Service and Support Animals. This notice explains certain obligations of housing providers under the Fair Housing Act (FHA) with respect to animals that individuals with disabilities may request as reasonable accommodations. […]
- 2019 Florida Community Association Case Law Year in Review. - Based on a seemingly low media profile many people wrongfully assumed Florida’s court system had little or no impact on their community association in 2019. Although lacking in “name plate” cases the following case law decided in 2019 will have a meaningful impact on Florida’s condominium and 山西福彩app官方下载owner associations (click here for .pdf of this […]
- 2019 Florida Community Association Case Law and Legislative Year in Review - Click here for the PDF file for the 2019 Community Association Case Law and Legislative Year in Review